Hướng dẫn viết IELTS Writing Task 1 kèm GUIDELINE IELTS WRITING TASK 1 với chi tiết từa lưa tùm lum Ad sưu tầm từ nhiều nguồn khác nhau nên dạo gần đây nhiều bạn theo đọc trên trang gởi mail về hỏi rất nhiều đại loại :
– Ad ơi sao đoạn này viết thế bla …bla….? (suy tập nhiều nguồn mà sao nhớ hết nổi ? Ad còn cả ngàn bài chưa đăng hết hic hic …)
– Ad ơi có tài liệu + + + >.< ? ( có thì sẽ từ từ post hết , còn hỏi thì Ad cũng thua vì không có giờ đáp ứng từng cá nhân )
GUIDELINE IELTS WRITING TASK 1
- TASK 1 OVERVIEW
– Time allowed: maximum 20 minutes
– Words: at least 150 words
In IELTS writing task 1, you will be given chart writing, on the time allowed, you should write as quick as possible and provide all information related to the types of chart. Each type of chart has its own way of analysis and we normally have 6 types: line graph, pie chart, bar chart, table, diagram and map. Besides, we also have a combined type of chart that is made from at least 2 kinds of picture illustration.
2/ Structure of writing:
- Introduction: what does the chart show? (type of chart, function, object, time/place)
- Overview / summary: what are the most noticeable features? à it normally stays after the introduction
- Specific details: try to write 2 paragraphs.
- Conclusion (optional)
a/ Do not simply copy the words used on the graphic material (repetition is not allowed)
b/ In writing body
- Remember to check the tense
- Remember to use comparison and contrasting (if any)
- Do not repeat information and list all data illustrated.
c/ ‘Overview’ not conclusion
You don’t need to write a conclusion for IELTS writing task 1. You need to write an “overview” of the information.
Question: But why don’t you need to write a conclusion? What’s the difference between a conclusion and an overview?
- First, a conclusion is really a final judgement, decision or opinion. This is perfect for the task 2 essay, but task 1 asks you to write a description without analysis or opinions. On the other hand, an “overview” is a simple description of the main points. It is a summary of the information shown in the graph or chart.
- Second, a conclusion should be at the end of a piece of writing. An overview or general summary could go either at the end or near the beginning. it’s a good idea to describe the main features of the graph or chart near the beginning of your essay.
- Assessment criteria
- Task Achievement: How much information can you convey from picture t your writing?
- Being able to follow the instructions properly
- Being able to write an accurate and relevant description of the information
- Being able to analyze the important trend of the chart only.
- Coherence and Cohesion: could reader understand your words?
- The writing should have clear and easy-to-catch structure (3 parts mentioned above) and possesses sufficient amount of connective words.
- Lexical Resources: How flexible are your sentence structures and words?
- Be able to use wide and flexible range of vocabulary and structures
- Good words spelling
- Grammatical Range and Accuracy: Do you write in accurate form?
- Use appropriate and accurate grammar points and structures
III. LINE GRAPH
Graphical infographic that displays quantitative information or it can illustrate relationships between two changing quantities (variables) with a line or curve that connects a series of successive data points.
A grouped line graph compares a trend with on or more other trends, and shows if its rate of change is increasing, decreasing, fluctuating, or remaining constant.
*Note: Line graphs are the most versatile and most extensively used family of graphs.
- General structures and suggested ideas
- Introduction (type of the graph, use of the graph, object of the graph, time/place)
ÚNote:line graph is used to describe trend (one object changes over the time)
- Overall trend: objects are divided by groups of trend: upward, downward, stable…
Divide the time into different small phrases and analyze the trend of lines
The writing should comprise of:
- The level of beginning point
- How objects change
- The intersection: equality of two objects
- The level of ending point
Phần tiếp theo là bài phân tích và hướng dẫn chi tiết IELTS Writing task 1 ( phần 2)